"Together against AIDS", Riga 2003
Published: 29.04.04 Updated: 11.05.2004 11:45:55
Latvia is honoured to hold the third Baltic region conference "Together against AIDS". It will take place at "Reval Hotel Latvija", Riga, on 11-13 September 2003.
The themes will be particularly relevant for the Baltic region:
- Trends and patterns of HIV infection in the Baltic region.
- National and joint programmes on HIV/AIDS.
- Medical aspects of HIV/AIDS.
- Focus on AIDS opportunistic infections.
- Recent developments in HIV/AIDS research.
- Commitment, openness and cure for the people living with HIV/AIDS.
- HIV/AIDS: political, economic, social and cultural aspects.
- Moral and religious aspects of HIV/AIDS.
- HIV/AIDS - misfortune or privilege?
- Prevalence and trends in HIV/AIDS among children and adolescents.
- HIV/AIDS-associated special conditions: sex workers, trafficking of drugs, crime, and prisons.
- Place of mass media in reducing risks to health and promoting healthy life-style.
- Against HIV prevention apathy.
- Future perspectives in the restriction and elimination of HIV/AIDS in the Baltic region.
Professor Ludmila Vīksna
3 Linezera str., Riga, LV-1006, Latvia
phone: +731 7014500
fax: +731 7014568